Tecno Camon C8 users have every reason to smile now. Tecno has finally pushed the much-needed Android 6.0 Marshmallow update putting Tecno among the other phone models running Android 6.0. Tecno has given its customers the liberty of hastening the update by downloading an installation zip or waiting for the OTA upgrade.
Over the Air (OTA) upgrades are simpler to apply as they use the phone’s native update checker. The only problem is most vendors, Tecno included, roll out in batches. It might take a while before you get your update.
Get the Tecno Camon C8 Marshmallow Update Faster
First things first. If your Tecno C8 is rooted, you should consider unrooting it. You should also restore your factory/original ROM if you had flashed a custom ROM. This will reduce the risk of bricking your phone.
You should also consider backing up your files and data as the upgrade will wipe your phone clean of all your personal data.
Ensure that your phone is fully charged. Running out of power when applying an update could be catastrophic.
- Grab a copy of the Tecno C8 Marshmallow build here (consider using Wi-Fi, it’s 863MB)
- Place the downloaded file (Tcard_update_20160415) at the root of your SD card. Don’t put it in a folder
- Switch off the phone and power up by holding the power button and volume up button simultaneously until you see the Android logo.
- Press and hold the power button for 2 seconds and then press volume up again with the power button still depressed. Your phone should show the following screen
- Use volume up or volume down to navigate to the Apply Update From sdcard option and select it using the power button
- Use volume down or up to navigate to your update (Tcard_update_20160415) and select with power button
- The installation will begin and take some while to complete. You should see the following screen when running the installation
Once done, you will have to select reboot system. Your Tecno Camon C8 will boot to Android 6.0 marshmallow. The initial booting will take longer than normal as the phone will be configuring itself to the new OS. Nothing to worry about.
Let me know if it worked or if you hit a snag in the comments section below. I’ll be glad to help you move to the Android 6.0 awesomeness.